Do you need a typesetter?
What is typesetting (formatting)?
After a book has been edited, and before it is sent to the presses, it needs to be laid out and styled so it prints correctly. Formatting also includes the option of preparing a manuscript for electronic reading. Let Kingsman Editing focus on the small details of preparing your manuscript for print and digital publication, ensuring your book allows for an aesthetically pleasing experience for your readers.
What should I have prior to formatting?
When you’re ready to publish, your book is edited, your cover is ready for its final dimensions, and you’re preparing for future ads, giveaways, interviews, and more! To ensure one of the last to-dos on this path to publication goes smoothly, here is a short list of things you need to have ready for your typesetter:
- trim size
- series title (if applicable)
- ISBN numbers
- author website URL
- acknowledgments and/or dedication pages (if desired)
- about the author page with optional photo (if desired)
- up to two links you’d like included for your readers (website, social media, etc.)
- your e-book cover image (if you have it)
- final, edited back cover blurb